Why Hire A Lawyer For Your Workers’ Compensation Claim?
When you have been injured in an on-the-job accident, you are entitled to workers’ compensation benefits, regardless of whether you, your employer or a fellow co-worker was to blame. These laws are straightforward, intended to get injured workers the benefits they need in a timely manner. There can be plenty of glitches, however, on the path to a successful application for workers’ compensation.
Why Hire A Lawyer For Your Workers’ Compensation Claim
It is important that you speak with a skilled workers’ compensation lawyer to ensure that you are granted all of the benefits to which you are entitled. Without legal guidance, one of many circumstances may arise. This can include:
- Without proper documentation, certain treatments, procedures and surgeries might not be covered when they should have been.
- You will not be awarded sufficient benefits because the severity of your injury was not properly conveyed through the application.
- The insurance company may downplay your condition, even if it was properly documented, to avoid paying all that you are entitled to.
- A claim might be denied because of a pre-existing condition.
- The insurance company may deny your claim for permanent disability, whether total or partial, even though you and your doctor both believe that your health will not allow you to continue working.
- Your employer may dispute any of the decisions made by the state’s workers’ compensation division.
- Without an attorney, you may not understand additional claims outside of workers’ compensation that might be available to you, including third-party liability.
A skilled attorney can help you avoid mistakes in your application that might lead to one of these situations. At Parisi & Gerlanc, Attorneys At Law, we are committed to fighting on behalf of our clients throughout Hackensack and Passaic County to ensure that they are being treated fairly and awarded all that they are entitled to in the workers’ compensation process.
Should the insurance company or your employer push back on your claim and try to provide you less than you need and are entitled to, we will act on your behalf. Without legal representation, many workers are paid out too little.
From the beginning, our lawyers will help you with the application process and make you feel more comfortable with how it will proceed. You can be assured that your claim is being professionally handled as you turn your focus toward healing and recovering.
To learn more about how we can represent your interests in the workers’ compensation process, please contact our New Jersey law firm today at 551-587-8915.